Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C50D--120 two weeks ago. It

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-120 two weeks ago. It was working fine but I turned it off days and now it's not working. I can't get past "Configuring windows updates" I left it on hour and it's still showing the same. Can you help me please?
many thanks
catherine
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery and power cable and hold the power button down seconds and release.
Then put the battery back in, connect the power cable and turn it on.
Tell me if it now starts correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's still the same. Its the same message, configuring windows updates, 100% complete, don't turn off your computer. What else can i try?

Catherine

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We will have to do a system recovery. It will wipe all data but you indicated the Laptop is new. Regardless, we cannot avoid this. This will return the laptop to its new state.
Please follow the below instructions
1. Hold down the power button (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.
Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
2. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on top of the keyboard (not the zero key on the numeric keypad) and at the same time, press the power button once to switch on your notebook.
3. When the Toshiba screen appears; release the 0 key.
4. If prompted select 32bit or 64bit operating system; click Next.
information on the differences between 32bit or 64bit operating systems click here.
5. When prompted by the warning screen; click Yes to continue with the system recovery.
6. Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
7. Select Recover to out-of-box state; Click Next again.
8. Please read and acknowledge this last warning screen.
9. Click Next to start recovery
Let this complete and it should now function correctly
Let me know the results please