Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

i have a 2 week old aspire e5 521. had to reset to factory

i have a 2 week old aspire e5 521. had to reset to factory settings as had black screen. now touchpad not working. support are closed and it;s making me crazy!
when it finished resetting i had 2 options, clean restore or one with my stuff saved. i chose that one - wondered if i shouldn't have or if it;s a different problem?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Penny! Thank you question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the touchpad working fine before resetting to factory settings?

Does your laptop have windows 7 or 8, etc.?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Viet

it's windows 8 (not a touch screen)

when i had the black screen issue the touchpad was initially still woring but stopped working after one of the numerous times i restarted

a remote support session - not 100% sure what that is but prepared to try almost anything :-)

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=19876faf-be12-44e0-9a39-169895a6e6ee

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you. Please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/p77mdcw

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

help! i cant get to the box to type!

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.