toughguy9
toughguy9, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A Post Graduate in computer science with over 11 years of experience in Data Recovery, Computer Hardware and Software
21067471

This may not be the appropriate forum but I cannot find another

This may not be the appropriate forum but I cannot find another that may be relevant. Last week I was offered a lifetime contract for support on my laptop and a desktop, for which I sent £180 (half the total requested) by MONEYGRAM on 20th. Feb. to a ***** ***** in India. My only point of contact is a phone 0843(###) ###-####and a name Mart Hill, which I have successfully used twice. I was informed that my contact was with Microsoft but of course have no confirmation. I expected to be contacted today at 10.00 hrs. but have not been. In my last call I asked for details of my contract before any final payment and have yet to receive any. Indeed I don't even have an email box for him/you either.
Have I been misled/conned? If I don't receive an adequate outcome to this query I will be considering reporting this episode to the appropriate authorities.
Please forward this message and let me know to whom it has been sent. Many thanks.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  toughguy9 replied 2 years ago.
toughguy9 :

toughguy9 :

Thanks for using Justanswer

toughguy9 :

This is Leela and I will help you with the question today

toughguy9 :

Can you please let me know the WEBSITE on which you asked for support?

Customer:

I didn't contact a website - the negotiations were by telephone.

toughguy9 :

oh ok..

toughguy9 :

what was the phone number you dialed?

toughguy9 :

Did you get any RECEIPT for your payment?

toughguy9 :

In your case you have mentioned your husband is deceased in that case can you let me know if you have access to his Amazon.com account?

Expert:  toughguy9 replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello - I can't make any sense at all of the replies posted to my question, and I don't have a husband who is deceased.

In the event, it turns out that the contact was with Iglobals and not Microsoft, so I apologise for any inconvenience. My hearing is not very good, and whilst I did ask once if I was in contact with Microsoft (and got an affirmative answer), the two companies' names sound quite similar to me over the telephone.

Do I still have to pay the £18 fee?

Expert:  toughguy9 replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
Sorry for any confusion about the last line in my earlier message.

Microsoft doesnt CONTACT anyone for providing support, incase someone contacted you as being Microsoft support then we need to very careful while dealing with such companies.

Incase you have paid via PHONE and donot have any PROOF of receipt for your payment, then most likely you are cheated. Please let me know if you have any receipt for your payment or not.

Please be assured that you need to PAY only if your question is answered to your satisfaction.

Thanks,
Leela