Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hiya I have a Fujitsu lifebook a series. It is not even six

Hiya I have a Fujitsu lifebook a series. It is not even six months old. It was doing a scan, and the box for restart was ticked for it to start up. It switched off. When it switched on again all I get it the Fujitsu and then a blank screen. I have tried pushing the f8 button to see if it will start up in safe mode but not even that
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power adapter then hold the power button in for 30 seconds, and release.
Connect the power adapter, turn it on and tell me please if it now starts.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that it started with the main Fujitsu screen with the little dots in a circle going around and around. Now a blank grey/black screen.
The little blue light (4th light from the left is flashing) first one I think is wireless, second button is a funny squiggle, and the third button is the charger/power cord button.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Lorraine,
Start the Lifebook and keep tapping f12 and tell me if this takes you to the recovery manager, or if it has the exact same problem please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hiya - it has now come up with
1. Windows boot manager
2. Drive0 HDD : TOSHIBA MQ01ABD050
3. CD/DVD Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB
4. NETWORK : LAN(2CD444978393) - IPv4
What do I do now
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Choose 2 Drive0 HDD : TOSHIBA MQ01ABD050
Tell me what then happens please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The same as before
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** problem
It is the hard drive that has faulted and will need to be replaced. The motherboard and firmware is ok, its the hard drive that has crashed.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the lifebook to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty of this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
If you need anything else, please let me know
and please remember the service rating.