Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

, I just tried to upload photos from my daughter's iPod onto

Hi, I just tried to upload photos from my daughter's iPod onto my laptop (for the first time). Connected the cable, asked me if I wanted to import all the picktures, said yes. Once it finished, a window popped up - Windows Live Gallery. I could view the files there. I made a mistake and assumed it is JUST showing me the imported files and folders and moved it ALL (all the content) to a folder I created on the desktop. I then looked in the new desktop folder and realised I had copied all my pictures from the other Pictures folders already on my laptop, do highlighted them and pressed Delete. Half way through I realised that the files and folders were also disappearing in the Windows Live Gallery window and realised I was deleting all the pictures from my laptop! I stopped the process, but I am not able to recover the other files, they are not in the Recycle Bin, and I have no idea what to do. They are my kids pictures from the last few years, and I haven't backed all of them up...I am desperate to get them back. ANY ideas? Please???
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for your quick response. I have Windows 8.1. I have also downloaded Recuva software and run it - it has shown a list of several hundred thousand images (I only ran search on image files, otherwise the search was too long); some of them were shown are not recoverable, some as poor quality, and some as ok. Since the list was so long I just recovered all of them, and spent all day today going through them and deleting the rubbish ones. However, there are still lots that show us as "image" thumbprints (in file explorer) and not the actual preview-type thumbnails, so I am guessing they are the irrecoverable ones. There are also some that show the photo on the thumbnail, but won't open. Is there anything else I can do to get the files back?

I'm sorry; I did not know you've tried a recovery program already. I use Recuva also. If you cannot open any recovered item, then unfortunately, you cannot do anything about it. You can try some another data recovery and check:

Wise Data Recovery
http://download.cnet.com/Wise-Data-Recovery/3000-2242_4-75715872.html

Glary Undelete
http://download.cnet.com/Glary-Undelete/3000-2248_4-177206.html