Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I had this fault statement when i tried to download Itunes

I had this fault statement when i tried to download Itunes (itunes6464setup) "itunes failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. please see the application log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail"
I have searched online for solutions and followed two of them which have not worked. Updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, folowing the options on YouTube "How to Fix Side-By-Side Configuration Error - Method 1 & 2".
I was trying to reduce the lack of memory of this computer and may have moved or deleted a number of files I should not have, for example, Benjour was needed for Itunes to work properly and it was this that led to me having to download Itunes again.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me when this problem started and which version of windows this is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yesterday and it is windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Roy
Can you please do the following
Click start, control panel, programs, uninstall a program
Uninstall the below software in the following order. Then, restart your computer.
iTunes
QuickTime
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
Once you have restarted, install iTunes again from my link below
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download
Once done, it should then work.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it worked

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Great
It was the installation that had an issue, and needed a reinstall. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.