Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I CANNOT USE THE LETTER AFTER "O" ON MY KEYBOARD DUE TO SOME

I CANNOT USE THE LETTER AFTER "O" ON MY KEYBOARD DUE TO SOME LIQUID GETTING INTO IT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AS IT IS UNDERNEATH THE KEY THAT IS MOST LIKELY DAMAGED.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about the issue. Can you please tell me the make and model of the problem laptop? (Like HP Pavilion G6)
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sony Vaio V-CEL1E1E the ga is caused as you can see by the missing letter

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anne,
Thank you for writing back and I am really sorry about your key issues with your Vaio keyboard.
Unfortunately, this is a mechanical or hardware issue. This happens when the laptop was turned ON while there was still liquid in the keyboard assembly that caused some "short" in the key's circuitry cutting off the conductor between the thin rubber that is pressed when the key is pressed and the main keyboard assembly. Another possible cause as to why this is happening is IF at this point, there is still some or little liquid in the keyboard assembly near the damaged or non-functioning keys.
In this case, you have only 2 options.
First, I suggest that you open the laptop and position the keyboard to face a gently blowing fan. Just estimate some time to fully evaporate or remove any liquid in the keyboard assembly. If the battery is also removable, please remove the battery. After totally drying the keyboard assembly, please try to power on the laptop and see if the keys will now work.
Second, if the keyboard assembly is already dry but the problem persisted, then you need to replace the entire keyboard assembly. This can cost you around £11 to £27 for the replacement keyboard plus the technician key for the actual installation of the new keyboard.
If this laptop is still covered with warranty, then you will only pay for the replacement keyboard since service is free for warranty-covered repairs.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess