Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

Yesterday my laptop received updates to windows 8.1 and since

Yesterday my laptop received updates to windows 8.1 and since then no apps work and the screen flashes constantly. No response from any keys.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clive. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Let me ask this: does your keyboard work long enough for you to enter your password ***** the login screen?
and then the flashing starts and the keyboard becomes unresponsive after you log in?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Byron. Yes I can enter my password ***** is accepted and soon after that the the flashing starts and the key board and mouse become unresponsive

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Please follow these steps to undo the changes made by Windows Update.
Start or restart your computer so that you are at the login screen (but don't log in just yet)
Hold down (and keep holding) the Shift key. Click the Power icon in the lower right corner and select Restart.
Release the Shift key when you see "Please Wait"
At the Choose an Option screen select: Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>System Restore
Select your account and enter password ***** prompted.
When System Restore starts, click Next.
Put a checkmark in the box labeled Show more Restore Points and select a restore date just prior to the updates yesterday.
Click Next and finish.
When the restore has completed and the computer restarted log in and the issue should be resolved.
-when that has finished Windows Update settings will need to be changed so that Microsoft does not try to reinstall the updates in the future.

-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.