Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Black screen on reboot, wine spillage

black screen on reboot, wine spillage. dried out as best as possible. still have blue light on front and plugging in power cable gives me the orange light to show charging

Category: Laptop
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
If the laptop will not power on normally after allowing it to completely dry out for 48 hours, then it is likely that some components on the circuit board have shorted out and the main board will need to be replaced.
You could try connecting it to an external monitor or TV to see if there is any sign of life from it at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I cannot connect to an external monitor as the laptop does not have the required pin connector. At present it is drying out in front of a warm fire. I agree the wine has probably shorted out the board.