Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  A+ MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I have a Acer Aspire E15 Start ES1-512-C59L, when i switch

I have a Acer Aspire E15 Start ES1-512-C59L, when i switch on my screen is black but shows cursor, any ideas?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Does the screen go black as soon as you power on the laptop or does this happen after you log in?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Byron, the screen is black as soon as it is turned on

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Other than the power cord, is there anything else plugged in to the laptop?
Such as a flash drive or other external device. Or a memory card (if your model has a card reader)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing plugged in not even charger

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I see. Hold down the power button until the machine shuts completely off. Until all the lights go out and you can hear it shut off. Attach the power adapter and try restarting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its worked and now telling me its configuring windows, the computer not been used for a month because of the blank screen problem

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Great. Let it finish the updates and you should be fine. And let the battery charge up. If it's been sitting for a month it will need it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One last question, i don't see access to the battery, is it in internal on this model?

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
It is. You need to take the whole back cover off to access it. Those batteries are thin and flat and take up a large portion of the space. You can change them yourself but there are a lot of very small screws to take out.