Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hihi i have a samsung NP300E5A-A05DX laptop and when im using

hihi i have a samsung NP300E5A-A05DX laptop and when im using it while charging the battery or if im playing a game the charger wire where it connects to the laptop gets really hot within the first 5 minits of use and i have to remove it and et it cool down, the charger the laptop came with the wire had melted from the heat and the replacement charger had pretty much the same thing so i bought a new replacement but it is still getting really hot i was wondering what possible is causing it & how i could go about fixing the problem¿?
thanks for your time
Asuna
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It was not clear but have you replaced the battery yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i havn't tried replacing the battery i didn't think about it because it was the wire getting hot if i remove the battery and run it on the power cord will that be able to check if the battery is the problem? because i dont have a spare to try

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The battery is nearly always the cause of this and as it overheats it slows the flow of power to it which heats up the wire and pretty much everything else near it.
I strongly advise to stop using the Laptop as have the battery replaced, as this is very likely to be the cause.
You can get a replacement battery here
Click me to view unless of course if its under warranty in which case I would have it replaced under this.
I have marked the question to never close, so if you do have any continued issues, just let me know here please.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you Smile

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome