Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How do I access my file save option to save photos, word

Customer Question

Hi. How do I access my file save option to save photos, word documents, internet articles etc to documents. How do I access my documents.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8 I believe. Remote session fine though I may need enough time to note down procedure for future reference.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=efaacfde-a5fe-4b88-91cb-bd666f3503ec

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** done before and found it difficult to repeat procedure afterwords. If u can message me steps to take better for me so I can refer back to it if needs be.

It's easier with remote support as I can show you the steps directly on your computer while you are watching, then I would summarize / write the steps for you. Otherwise, I can write the steps here only.

Can you please let me know more details about what you are trying to do?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, not sure how much more detail I can give over and above my first question. Easy on old laptop but cant do it on this. Do I need to find a toolbar for this. Writing down steps would work better for me.

Where are the photos, word documents that you want to save? Windows 8 is new, so it can be complicated; it's easier to show you on the screen, but I'll try writing the steps as best as I can.

- For saving a photo, can you right-click on it, then select the Save image.., or something similar, option?

- For saving a web page, in the Desktop mode, you can press & release the key Alt on your keyboard, then a menu bar should appear at the top, then click on the File menu at the top, then Save....
, and/or for Internet Explorer in Desktop mode, click on the gear / wheel icon at the upper right corner, then select File -> Save...
, and/or another method: download and install the free CutePDF Writer program:
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
, then to save a web page, select the Printer option, then select the printer name called CutePDF, then it will let you save.

- I'm not sure where you get the word documents, but can you right-click on a word document link / icon, then select the Save... option?

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,