John
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Reason my Acer Aspire 5742 has lost the driver

Hi, for some reason my Acer Aspire 5742 has lost the driver for my CD/DVD rom where can I get another from please
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma'am please specify the full model of the laptop which you can find on the bottom of the laptop.There is usually no specific drivers for CD/DVD driveWhich is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows7, windows 8 or any otherIs the CD/DVD drive listed in my computer or in device manager?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi John, I am running windows 7, the laptop is the 5742, 250 gig hard drive, intel core i370m processor, 4 gig of ram, the cd/dvd is a super multi DL drive, and the device manager calls it a Pioneer DVRT10rs,

does this help???

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details sir.Does the drive opens when you press the eject button also does the light on the DVD drive blinks when you run a disc in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes the drive opens, the green light comes on when disk inserted, it does not blink just stays solid for about 10 seconds

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

absolutely

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir,Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cb4e132b-9188-4224-86d8-b3c5b2b5ee31 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.