John
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Reason my Acer Aspire 5742 has lost the driver

Hi, for some reason my Acer Aspire 5742 has lost the driver for my CD/DVD rom where can I get another from please
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma'am please specify the full model of the laptop which you can find on the bottom of the laptop.There is usually no specific drivers for CD/DVD driveWhich is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows7, windows 8 or any otherIs the CD/DVD drive listed in my computer or in device manager?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi John, I am running windows 7, the laptop is the 5742, 250 gig hard drive, intel core i370m processor, 4 gig of ram, the cd/dvd is a super multi DL drive, and the device manager calls it a Pioneer DVRT10rs,

does this help???

Thank you for the details sir.Does the drive opens when you press the eject button also does the light on the DVD drive blinks when you run a disc in it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, yes the drive opens, the green light comes on when disk inserted, it does not blink just stays solid for about 10 seconds

Thank you for the details.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

absolutely

Thank you sir,Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cb4e132b-9188-4224-86d8-b3c5b2b5ee31 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.