Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My laptop will not load keeps telling me to press f2 but this

Customer Question

My laptop will not load keeps telling me to press f2 but this does not help downloaded windows 10 yesterday
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me what exactly happens when you just restart (power on) your laptop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded windows 10 yesterday and today when I turned on my laptop it would not load window I tried to repair it with opinion that came up but nothing worked now when I turn it on all that comes up is the Acer screen and press F2 to enter set up but it does not seem to make any changes
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.After installing Windows 10, was it able to boot or it didn't boot even once?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes is was working yesterday fine.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Please do the following:
1. Completely turn off the laptop
2. Disconnect the power connector from the laptop as well as any other hardware that is connected (mouse, printer, external hard disk drive, etc)
3. Turn the laptop over and remove the laptop battery
4. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it
5. Now re-connect the battery and the power adapter and turn the laptop on
Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried that already makes no difference
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
When you press the F2 key, does it bring you to the BIOS Setup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It brings me to insydelH20 set up utility
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.Please go to the Boot tab there. Let me know if you can see "UEFI Boot" or "Safe Boot" options there. If yes, are they enabled?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No neither on screen
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please list everything you see on the Boot tab.Alternatively, you can take a photo with your phone and attach it here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 Ideo wdc wd5000bevt-22aorto
2 Ideo pioneer DVDs-rw dvrtd10rs
3 sub fdd
4 network boot legacy PCI device
5 USB hdd
6 sub CD-ROM
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It looks good. Do you see only that boot order there or you see some other option below or above the boot order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have listed all boot priority order how do I send you a photo of screen from an iPhone
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to see the "Add files" link near this chat area. Click there and browse through the photos to attach it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No can't see where to add photo find this is taking a lot of and nothing is happening
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Please do the following:Access the insydelH20 Setup utility again and then press the F9 key. You should be asked to confirm, so press Y. That will load default settings. After that, press the F10 key and press Y to save the changes and exit the Setup utility.Let me know if Windows will then boot properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change still press F2 to enter setup I had already tried doing that myself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Setting boot back to default but it did not work for me two hours ago that is why I contacted just answer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
That's an unusual problem.
Since I don't have any other suggestion, I will opt-out and open this question to other computer Experts.
Once another Expert takes over this question, you will be notified.
I am sorry I couldn't help you more!
Regards,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I would like an answer to my problem your expert informs me that he is unable to solve my problem.