John
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I seem to get text moving around as I write and, I believe

Customer Question

I seem to get text moving around as I write and, I believe it is something to do with the touchpad. Function key F7 has the touchpad picture but how do I turn it on and off?
Also, my built-in mouse has stopped working. Does it need a new driver or would upgrading to Windows 10 solve the problem.
Peter Cobby ***@******.***
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.What you guessed is correct your palm accidentally touches the Touch pad and that moves the text or jumps the cursor.Sir if the F7 key has touch pad picture then that is the key to turn on and off the touch pad.Press and Hold FN key then press the F7 key once and see if that turn off the touch pad if not press once again while holding the FN key.See if that enables and disables Touch pad.Sir/Ma'am touch pad is the inbuilt mouse so i didn't understand what you meant by " my built-in mouse has stopped working" could you please clarify that.I suggest you not to upgrade to windows 10 now because it has a lot of bugs in it let Microsoft fix that and then upgrade it otherwise it will cause more issues that this touch pad issue.Please let me know the status.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I normally use a wire free mouse for my laptop but occasionally I like to use the mouse that is below the keyboard as you look at the machine. It has a touchpad and it is possible to move the pointer around the screen and click either right end or left end, substituting for the mouse left and right buttons. It has, simply, become inactive.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the details.Could you please let me know the make and full model of the PC.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By enabling the touchpad, it seems that the mouse function of the touchpad has again started working!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Acer Aspire 5733
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Good to know like i said before Touch pad is same as inbuilt mouse so you can manually disable the touchpad/mouse using the FN and F7 key,The other option is to disable touchpad/mouse while the usb mouse is connected.do you want to enable that feature?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. that will be fine, thanks. I'll tape a reminder of the Fn F7 instruction on the computer. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome.If you do not need further assistance please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this pages elect the rating and click on submit.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir checking whether if everything is working fine.If its working please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the smiley or star rating and click on submit.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/