s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

John, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A series but althought

Hi John, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A series but althought all the lights are on at the front there is no display, hooked it up to external monitor but still cant get anything to display (or I might have not pressed the right keys for external display?) thanks in advance neil
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.
Looks like hitting the FN and the F10 key will switch the display to the external monitor. Might have to do it a few times. If this doesn't work, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

I hope the day finds you good

and well?

I have tried the the FN / F10

key combination as I said in

my question having done it

again as you say has just

confirmed that this has not

solved the issue

Thanks in advance

Neil

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
He might be busy but I had already tried what he suggested
and have had no further response in over an hour
Please dont think i'm not satisfied just need an
ansewr quickley
neil
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.
Hello there, if plugging in an external display yields no display to either it, or the main display but you have all the lights on the keyboard and palm rest. Do you hear any Windows login noises? Anything indicative or reaching your desktop?? Any beeps at all???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No there is nothing at all and I

would`nt know what to try to find

out if anything is going on but I

just can`t see it

neil

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.
Typically this means the graphics unit, the part of the computer responsible for creating a display has failed, often this is due to heat, if you don't even see the Toshiba logo come up when you've first did a clean boot. Let me ask you a few questions to try to pinpoint... How old is the machine? What environment is it typically used in, like is it a nighttime computer that may be used in bed on your lap with a blanket?? Or is this on a desk??? is it used in a dusty environment or pretty clean?? Has there been any odd noises like fan bearings going bad going on that you can think of?? maybe the fan has been super loud and full blast for awhile?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just bought off ebay saying

"no display" but it looks brand

new no wear and tear Windows 8

I have blown with compressed

air but just the same

Is there anyway I can check if

it is the graphics chip?

neil

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil, sorry for the delay. It seems that the user may have known about this issue and was trying to play innocent a bit or they may genuinely not been sure. The only way to verify is through the steps you've already untaken, remove the battery, discharge the energy, and try an external monitor. It could have been someone used this in bed and blocked cooling ducts and overheated the chip. You could try looking at a warranty replacement if it's under warranty but since you're not the original purchaser it will likely not be honored even if one was still there. Only way to really get this back up and running would be to replace the motherboard as the graphics units are embedded on to them.
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience: 11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting