bbranham3
bbranham3, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  15+ Years on the job experience, Virus removal, PC Support, Network Diagnostics, Solution Design, VOIP Solutions
53638328

My laptop will not let me type in my pass word the keys do

Customer Question

my laptop will not let me type in my pass word the keys do not function.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 8 has a built in security system and i down loaded windows defender afterthat defender came on my screen and siad the my fire wall was not on stupid me i tried to switch it on and a message came from windows to check what the proble was i ran the check and no joy so i tried the next option which warned me that if i run this option it cannot be stopped and i know have this problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my key bourd and mouse on the lap top dose no responed at all
Expert:  bbranham3 replied 1 year ago.
If you have a standalone USB mouse and keyboard could you please plug them in and check that those work after reboot.it is likely that the connection internal to the laptop had come disconnected and may require a technician to reconnect for you. On many laptops these can come loose with normal use and travel. the other thing to try would be a complete power down of the laptop and remove the battery for about 5 minutes, I have also seen some laptops which the internal keyboard and mouse become locked up and can be cleared using the full power off method.