Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Bluetooth has stopped working on my laptop, and the

Bluetooth has stopped working on my laptop, and the Bluetooth icon has disappeared from Device Manager. How can I restore/repair Bluetooth?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me when this started and the make and model of your computer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bluetooth was working normally until last Wednesday. I then updated the driver it worked for about twenty four hours.

HP ProBook 4540s

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gerard
Can you go to my link below
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5229457&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059
click on the first + to expand all and download and install the Bluetooth driver
Broadcom Bluetooth Software (American, International)
Its under Network
Once installed, restart the computer and tell me if you now have bluetooth please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I could not download the software. It is not compatible with Windows 10

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you can use this link for the windows 10 version http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5229457&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you; I now have Bluetooth againSmile

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Gerard!
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.