Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trouble shoot, repair, hardware software.
63493917

I have not used my Toshiba laptop and have forgotten

Customer Question

I have not used my Toshiba laptop for sometime and have forgotten the password. The S/N is ZE029202P
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Roger and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Also, you ARE referring to the windows password ***** you forgot RIGHT?.DO you know what version of Windows it had? Windows 7, or Windows 8, or Windows XP?.Once you have lost the windows password ***** the Aministrator account, you get left with only 2 choices..1-Using the Windows XP, 7, 8, or 10 Original Discs, you can RE-install Windows, and basically ERASE the hard drive, and put a NEW FRESH copy of WINDOWS on the computer. It will act and seem like a BRAND NEW computer. Ofcourse all your data will be lost..OR.2-Using a BOOT CD (I use ULTIMATEBOOTCD) and booting into a software utility designed to scan the hard drive FOR the ADMIN password, and then allow you to CHANGE the password, or RESET the password, but it does NOT allow you to SEE or KNOW the current password, as it is encrypted. After making the changes, you can THEN LOG IN to Windows AS THE ADMIN, because you have reset or erased the password. (THIS IS THE HARDEST AND MOST ADVANCED METHOD, but does PRESERVE the data on the hard drive.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The forgotten password ***** ***** one on the first page that opens the laptop, not the software i.e. the one required to everytime you use the PC at switch-on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The laptop is new without any personal data. The windows software was loaded from the internet using a product key. This was successful and then I forgot the password ***** to open the PC at switch-on
Well, as i mentioned above, you can REINSTALL windows, and all you need is the DISC with windows on it...or a USB drive with Windows on it.....somethign you can boot from..I mean what good are passwords for, if they can so easily be circumvented..RIGHT???.It HAS TO BE HARD to get around a password.....otherwise we wouldn't use them if all you had to do, was hit a couple buttons....COME ON!