Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am having the below error message whenever I boot my

I am having the below error message whenever I boot my Aspire E15 E5-551-83y5
when I do not use the power adapter:
YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. WE'RE JUST COLLECTING SOME ERROR INFO, AND THEN WE'LL RESTART FOR YOU (THREAD_ STUCK_ IN_ DEVICE_ DRIVER)
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power cable, then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Then turn it off without the power cable and tell me if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It came back with the error message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is either the voltage regulator or battery that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to take in the notebook to have a diagnostics run on the mainboard so that this can be tested. If this is at fault, the motherboard will need replacement else the battery would need to be replaced. The battery replacement has minimal costs and is a quick job to replace. If following the diagnostics the motherboard is at fault, get a cost for the total replacement (including labor) as this can exceed the cost of a replacement notebook.
But it is one of these two that has faulted
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I am going to take it in for the diagnosis and take it from there.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome.
If you need anything else please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the smiley faces on this answer then submit.