Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I can repair laptop hardware as well as softwware.
29701876

There, I hope you are doing good. Quick question, I

Customer Question

Hello there,
I hope you are doing good.
Quick question, I have a Toshiba bought in August 2013. Since a few weeks I have being noticing that when I connect my phone to the pc with the cable it does connect he phone as it shows it is charging but it doesn't connect it "completely" as I can't the phone between the devices. Due to this I can't transfer any imagines and music from one to another. What kind of problem can It be? ??
Thanks in advance.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your phone?Does your Toshiba computer have Windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?Was this same phone's USB cable working fine previously with this phone and this computer?When you connect the phone to the computer, does it show in File Explorer / Windows Explorer / Computer / This PC on the computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it always have being working with his cable and even with others.The laptop has Windows 8.1 Pro.
When I connect it now it doesn't come out anymore on "Devices and drivers" and it only charges the phone nothing else.
Thank you. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of issue do you think it can be? Isn't a problem with the usb entrance only?
If you plug in another USB device, such as a USB printer, a USB camera, a USB flash drive, a USB external hard drive, etc., does it work fine on the laptop?If you plug this phone to another computer, does it work or not?Please let me know. Thank you.