Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Looking in setting up my wireless printer.

Looking for assistance in setting up my wireless printer. Sometimes it works, must times it doesn't. Having find a little research I think I just need to set up a static IP address???
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeNo, static ip is not for this, it would actually make other issues.Whats the make and model of your printer and the wireless router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Samsung xpress c460w and a Talktalk router (no brand)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksOn the router, hold the reset button on the back of it for 10 seconds then release.Wait 5 minutes for the router to restart and tell me please if it then functions correctly with the printer please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep, it worked fine. Sometimes it does but often it doesn't. Yesterday it simply said it was offline all the time! How can I make it reliable? It always works when I print from my phone but more often than not will not print from my laptop.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The step we just did resolves it in most of the cases, so its likely ok now, but the question never closes, so if you get the problem again, just let me know here, this is no problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you