Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am having issues with a Windows update. Laptop hanging for

I am having issues with a Windows update. Laptop hanging for 3+hours on 'installing update 4...' I cannot do anything with the laptop including shutting it down. When I hit the power button and start back up again it is still hanging. I don't know how to proceeds and have all of my course work on the laptop. Laptop is TOSHIBA SATELLITE 50-B-2FC.HELP PLEASE!!
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you remove the power cable and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Then connect the power cable, turn on the Laptop and tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard.. That looks to have addressed the issue. Laptop back on after some configuration but documents there ok. Thanks.
What is the root cause of this issue please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Excellent,Windows crashed during the update, it can happen and it needed a hard restart which we did.It will be fine now.