Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My grandaughter has an Acer Laptop given to her by her Finish

Customer Question

My grandaughter has an Acer Laptop given to her by her Finish grandfather and it has come up with a message advising that the hard disk is failing and may need replacing the current disk is a TOSHIBA MK 6476GSX. Is this something I can do myself ? If so where can I purchase a replacement ? (I do have some experience with replacing disks and accessories on PCs)
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, you can. You can buy any SATA 2.5" internal laptop hard drive at your local computer store. Or you can purchase the exact hard drive model Toshiba MK6476GSX at the Ebay website below:http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Internal-Hard-Disk-Drives-/56083/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=TOSHIBA+MK+6476GSX, then you can open the back of the Acer laptop, and replace the hard drive, then install the recovery / windows / back up / recovery media / disk to install / set up windows on the new hard drive.- If needed, you can follow the instructions at the website below for how to create backup recovery disks or USB recovery media.http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/~/use-acer-recovery-management-to-restore-your-system-or-create-recovery-media- If you need more details, please let me know the model of your Acer laptop (check at the back / bottom of it), and if it has Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
If you have any further question or if you need anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,