IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Same problem - printer off line? resetting the router does

same problem - printer off line? resetting the router does not fix problem this time!
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Craig ans welcomeWhat is the make and model of the printer? How is it connected to the computer (wireless or usb)? And which version of windows or mac are you running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung express c460w
Wireless, Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksHow exactly did you reset router and what else did you do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it off for 30 seconds and turned it back on again, same with the printer itself and I restarted the laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksOn the laptop, click the windows start and type indevices and printersclick on itclick on Add printer.Does it find the printer? If so, click on it to install and tell me if it now comes online please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no option to install only set as default or remove device
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its not install, its at the top and its add printer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not a new user I'm a subscriber!!! Happy to allow remote access to sort the problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ah sorry did not see this (we are only engineers) but if you accept the offer I can connect to your computer and fix this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's your offer? Is this covered by my subscription?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No itis an additional service, I offered it as you were mis interpreting the instructions If you do not wish to use it no problem, but please follow the instructions exactly as I listed themOn the laptop, click the windows start and type indevices and printersclick on itclick on Add printer.Does it find the printer? If so, click on it to install and tell me if it now comes online please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just seen your offer but as l already pay a monthly subscription for the services of this site I don't want to pay again!
As per following instruction: binder add printers and scanners there is nothing listed / found - no printers and no scanners however under printers and scanners there is a list and the Samsung is listed as last used off line
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
sorry I was not clear on your response.Did you click on Add Printer?Did anything get listed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep clicked on add printer and it doesnt find anything
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
on the printer Press Network > Wireless > WLAN SettingsDoes it indicates it connected to the wireless network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep it's connected and I can print from my iPhone fine
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, right click on the printer in devices and printer and choose What's printing.There can you click Make Printer Online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only icon for the printer i can see is under printers and scanners. Nothing happens when I right click this the only options given are are on left click and just set as default and remove printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, under printer and scanners, you right click your printer listed there and select What's printing.If your not getting that your not right clicking on your actual printer there in the list, you do it on your actual printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when I right click - nothing, nada, zilch! And I am clicking on the icon and if I left click I get offer the options previously mentioned
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then your going to have to reinstall the printer.So select remove printer.Then restart the computer and reinstall the printer like you did when you first received it.Let me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed and attempted to reinstall - now says driver unavailable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
on which step of installation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked add printer
Clicked on the icon for the printer
It started to install then gave message 'driver is unavailable'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, restart the computer again and then try to install it please.And are you doing this with it connected via the cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will restart

not connected to printer by cable no

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the printer is listed under printers and scanners but says driver unavailable under it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, when did this problem initially start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today - worked fine last night - didn't work this morning
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I want to do a system restore please.To do this, close all programs.Press the windows key + X and click on Control Panelclick System and SecurityThen click on SystemThen System ProtectionThen System restoreChoose a date before this problem occurred.Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No system and security option
Security and maintenance?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok strange wording for windows 10 but click that then please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I then get two optionsSecurityMaintenance??The. At the bottomTroubleshooting Recovery
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok not sure why your not getting the standard wording but type in the search in control panel System and click on it there please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No search results for system in control panel
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its there 100%, its on every windows version since windows xp... I do not think your in control panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your quite right. I searched using cortana...
Anyway now in control panel > system
View basic info...
Options
Device manager
Remote settings
System protection
Advanced system settings
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then System ProtectionThen System restoreChoose a date before this problem occurred.Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok done the restore - still same problem printer offline
Also when the laptop restarted it came up with the message box for the printer saying it was printing on 'Samsung Cloud print'. Then next message was printer not available.
I then tried to print on 'Samsung XPS '. And it says printer off line
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but Samsung XPS is not the correct printer, it is Samsung express c460w Do you see that one there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep the full title is Samsung C460 series XPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so please try to print to that one, not Samsung XPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the one I was referring to, I just missed out the bit in the middle / abbreviated it.Isn't there a button somewhere connect / go online rather than be off line?When I look at the pending docs page if I click on printer I get the option to connect on the list of options but it's greyed out / doesn't do anything.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I am out of ideas on this sorry and will need to opt out.You do not need to do anything, another expert will notify you when they take over your case.Sorry I could not solve this for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also...now my Firefox browser won't open and my google chrome isn't working - unhappy face icon and doesn't do anyhthing. Internet explorer working normallyIf I pay the additional assistance fee can you fix it then? I had hoped I learn how to fix it myself if it happens again through this process but now I just want bit fixed! Also you've spent a long time on this and should be credited for that. Should I give you a rating then ask again?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. If the original problem is still there, let me know so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yep still not fixed. Printer off line / can't printOh, and just got a new warning message - printer in an error state!!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a remote desktop session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly. Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what do I need to do?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I will send you the instructions on how to establish a secure remote desktop session. Are you available now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I can be!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below to download a secure remote desktop assistance program: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=309ad0f1-80c4-4cbd-bedb-f2e7fdf85ed0When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
The link to a secure remote desktop assistance program has expired due to inactivity. When you are available, let me know so that I can provide you with a new link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies, I fell asleep!
I'm now away for the weekend so will have to do this on Monday. Ok?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem. We can continue on Monday. Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back at my desk (a little later than expected). Can we get my printer sorted today please?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Are you available now for a secure remote assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yep, standing by :-)

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3d01506a-abf1-4b38-84c0-afc656b2341aWhen a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
We are connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Problem successfully solved via secure remote assistance!For any other issue, feel free to contact me again.You can now rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Regards,IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for sorting out my printer issue.

my computer is / has been running very slowly. is this something that you could take a look at for me? please

I will of course open a new 'question'

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Sure, I can take a look and find a way how to make it run faster. You can type your new question description directly on my profile page, so that I can be requested to answer it: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro You can also include something like "For IT Miro only" just in case other Experts see it first.