Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

There i have just had new hinges put on my acer aspire e1-571

Customer Question

hi there i have just had new hinges put on my acer aspire e1-571 replaced and still the top cover keeps falling right back is it supposed to do that because i know it would go back from new but it is becomming a nussance now as i am typing it will just fall back
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The hinges have little protruding metal flanges in most cases. If those metal tips or flanges are not properly hooked in, the springs in the hinges will not hold up the cover, and it will be free to fall as you describe. Re-assembly, with some care to that detail, will be necessary.