IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My computer is running slow - sometimes so slow I have to wait

My computer is running slow - sometimes so slow I have to wait for my letters to appear as I type - could you please take a look and fix this for me.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Please download and run a remote assistance program using the link below so that I can connect to your computer and take a look: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a6392f8d-aff5-4a6a-b256-63ef4ad87285 Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
We are connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It looks like I could not automatically reconnect after restarting your computer. Since I had done some cleaning, let me know if your computer is operating faster.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it seems ok at the moment, but the problem comes and goes, sometimes its ok and other times i have to stop and wait for my words to appear on screen as i type! its ok now.

is there more that can be done?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I've disabled some old, non-used programs, so it should work better now. Use your computer as you usually do, and let me know if it any better. What you can do more is to check for all installed programs and uninstall those you don't use any more. To do that, right-click on the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner and select Programs and Features (first on the list). A new window will appear with a list of all installed programs. Go through that list and find the programs you don't need any more, so that they can be uninstalled. To uninstall a program, right-click its name and select Uninstall. When done, restart the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for that. Can we sort out the back up now?
Shall I open a new question for that?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we can work on the backup as the new question.