Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of both work experience and education.
30759776

Microsoft is trying to force me to upgrade to Windows 10. I

Microsoft is trying to force me to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't want to do so! It says I must schedule the upgrade, and if I turn the PC off it will just start the upgrade when I turn it back on. I don't want it. Help!
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's actually my husband's PC, I'm on a mac. We share an office.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.There are a few things that must be done to stop the updating from happening. I must edit the Windows update configuration in a few places along with a few other items. For the safety of your computer, may I suggest that you allow me to start a secure remote assistance session with you? During the session, I will be able to share your screen temporarily and do all that is required to block the update.I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, no. I pay a monthly amount to ask questions.
IF it needs remote, it's my husband's computer not this one.
Can you help or not?
Okay, no worries. We don't have to do the remote. Please, follow the instructions below to block the installation on the other computer:- On the computer, go to the following page: http://tinyurl.com/pk9uvmw- Download and run the file that the link above gives you.- When you run the program, you will see a new window. On that window, click both of the following buttons: “Disable Get Windows 10 App (permanently remove icon)” and “Disable Operating System Upgrades in Windows Update” After you do that, you will be all set. Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page. You do pay a monthly fee, but that money goes to the website, not to me. I am not given credit unless you rate my help on the top of this page. Rating doesn't cost anything extra. Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.-Jason If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much indeed. It seems to have worked. We will certainly rate you highly right now.