secondhandheaven
secondhandheaven, Technician
Experience:  Building & repairing laptops and computers since 1995
19471162

Where to reset bios on Toshiba kira 109 ?

where to reset bios on Toshiba kira 109 ?
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need BIOS reset from motherboard. I tried to take off BIOS battery but not resetting. so have to be a jumper on motherboard
Expert:  secondhandheaven replied 1 year ago.
Power on the computer if it is off.
While the "KIRA" logo is displayed, press the F2 function key to start BIOS Setup.
Check the version of BIOS and press the F9 function key then Enter to load setup defaults.
Press the F10 function key then Enter to save settings and exit. The computer will automatically reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I updated the Thosiba kira BIOS. Now is black screen and fan is running fast. I disconnected battery also Bios battery from slots and nothing happen, same black and fan running. I need to restart BIOS somehow from jumper. Reset from motherboard. Anyone that knows please help
Did you check the version of the bios you had installed before trying to upgrade?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I start the laptop fan is running fast and I have black screen even I disconnect bios battery or the SSD from main board. so is something wrong with BIOS and should ne reset manually. I need to find a schematics from Toshiba kira to reset manually the bios
The bios cannot be reset by removing batteries.. The bios is FLASH BIOS and is written into eprom on the board.