John
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have this laptop and an iPad that connect to my BTHomeHub

I have this laptop and an iPad that connect to my BTHomeHub ,but my partners laptop Aspire V3-571 recently stopped. I get an error 651 message. I think this may have occurred when an attempt to download windows 10 was aborted and 8 was reinstalled. Any suggestions
Desperate Dave
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Just to clarify it used to work on windows 8 before am i correct?Did you make any changes in the wireless modem?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes and 8 was reinstalled, she panicked when 10 offered services she didn't understand.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the acer laptop is not connected at the moment
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
OK,no need to do remote support so you can close the remote support message if it shows.Did you make any changes in the wireless modem?could you please let me know the SNID on the bottom of the laptop?Also do you have a USB drive with you ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
snid ***********
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Please do the followingPress windows key + R key that will open run box in that type devmgmt.msc and press enter that will open device managerIn device manager go to network adapter and let me know if there is a wireless adapter listed in it,if so let me know the name of it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Qualcom Atheros AR5BWB222
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
amongst others
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know what a usb drive is
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
USB drive also known as flash drive,Thumb drive. Do you have it?Minimize that device manager window then please download this driver http://tinyurl.com/hr6hto5 Then transfer it to the Acer laptop using USB drive.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
OK then can you connect that laptop to the modem using a wired connection ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Connected ethernet cable, I think , didn't click tho
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
OK do you have internet connection on it now,open a web page and check it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No , did you mean connect the laptops or the acer to the router?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can connect acer to net with open wifi if adviseable
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
First connect the problematic laptop to the router using the cable and see if have internet access and then let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
did you check whether you can open web pages?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can do
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Good now type this web address http://tinyurl.com/hr6hto5 in the address bar of the web browser and press enter that will download the driver.Once its finished downloading let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Open, save or save as
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Click on save as then save it to the desktop.Let me know once its downlaoded
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The file wont save automatically
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Click on save as then save it to the desktop.Let me know once its downloaded
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done, back to home page
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
OK now open the device manager and go to network adapter then right click on Qualcom Atheros AR5BWB222 and click on uninstall.Once its done let me know
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done, should I view downloads?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Open the file you downloaded then unzip it and then run the setup file in it to install the wireless driver.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can't do any thing with it , Unzip?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
May i then connect to the problematic PC and check it directly.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Please type this web address in the address bar of the web browser and press enter http://tinyurl.com/jbujovn That will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree,then you will get Elisnore ScreenConnect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Seems to be workung, Earlier I said it did not click now it won't come out of the laptop the other end is out
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Now its disconnected,Turn on the Wi-fi and then connect to your home connection using the wi-fiLet me know
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wants network security key, would this be 6cec...or2PH...
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
it is asking for the wi-fi password ***** used to connect with other devices (ipad).
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you mean when I sign in for email etc?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
No the wi-fi password ***** your wi-fi router.If you do not know connect the wired connection again and i will look it for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've never had to sign before it goes direct to homepage
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Connect the wired connection to the laptop and i will check it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
done that
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
I haven't got the connection yet,Are you sure both ends are connected properly?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is connected maybe damaged. Also I have somehow managed to download 10 i 15 min and dont know how to stop
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Connected now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I reset Home Hub maybe needs ADMIN and ADMIN wireless pin 4347-4684
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Got disconnected from the PC,did you change the login password ***** your BT-hub router?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I reset the router this morning but it did not seem to take effect. I have the default password
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you connected
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Did you change the router login password ***** because i got disconnected from the laptop?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
According to the for the last 3 minsMessages window you are connected
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
I am connected now
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
let me know once you have disconnected the wired connection.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have connected to the homepage
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
I am connected too
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
After the restart let me know.
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.