Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How do you connect Acer V5 to hp X23i monitor with vga cable

Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
yes you can remote

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=978ccc30-65d9-49b4-ab1f-f950fe036eea

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Or you can try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- Shut down / restart the computer if you have not tried that previously.

- Make sure the monitor is powered on. Connect the HDMI cable from the laptop to the monitor.

Does it show blank on both? If yes, remove the HDMI cable. If it shows fine on the laptop's screen or on the monitor's screen, then press at the same time the two keys Fn and F5 on the keyboard in order to switch the display and check.

- If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and P on the keyboard, then select your display option and check.

Solution #2:

- Make sure the HDMI cable is disconnected.

- If there is a VGA port on the laptop, then make sure the monitor is powered on, then connect the VGA cable from the monitor to the laptop, and check.

- If needed, press at the same time the two keys Fn and F5 on the keyboard in order to switch the display and check.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, disconnect the HDMI / VGA cable.

- Get a DVI to HDMI adapter from your local computer / electronics store. Or online at the Amazon.co.uk website below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Plated-adapter-converter-Converter/dp/B0086QCD32/

, then connect the DVI to HDMI adapter to the monitor's DVI port, then connect the HDMI cable from the adapter to the laptop and check.

- You can also get a DVI to HDMI Adapter Cable instead, and connect it directly from monitor's DVI port to the laptop's HDMI port, and check.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-DVI-HDMI-Adapter-Cable/dp/B014I8UQJY/

Solution #4:

- If needed, use another HDMI cable.

- If possible, please test the monitor on another computer and/or test your laptop with another monitor.

- If all fails, please check at the back / bottom of your Acer laptop for the full model, such as V5-122P, or V5-571, etc. Also, does your laptop have a VGA port also? Or does it only have an HDMI port?

If there is still any issue, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.