Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When I turn on my Acer laptop, it wants to install Proshield

Customer Question

When I turn on my Acer laptop, it wants to install Proshield then tells me there is no network for this. I can keep cancelling it until it disappears but this is annoying. Do I nee Proshield? I have antivirus protection anyway.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you have anti virus installed then it is not needed and actually best not to have it with another anti virus program installed

Go to control panel, uninstall a program, locate it there and you can then uninstall it which will stop the message.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.