Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist with 6 years experience as a network engineer for the federal government.
76287196

I have a laptop running windows 10 (originally windows 7)

HiI have a laptop running windows 10 (originally windows 7) and am going to replace it with another running windows 10.What is the best way to transfer files, music, photos etc?ThanksMark.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Sorry for the question about your operating system. I meant to delete that.

if you have any cloud services, the easiest way is to upload (copy) all your files to the cloud, and then you can download them to your new device. In fact you can continuously sync your could storage to your devices and continue to use both laptop computers.

Another method that you can use is to purchase an backup drive and use that to make the transfer. Or, you an purchase Laplink software that allows you to connect both computers directly, either by wireless, Bluetooth or a LapLink cable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI'd prefer not to use the cloud.I'd like to be able to transfer the files easily so that, for example when transfered my MS outlook will have all the emails in the folders they are currently in etc.I'm assuming the laplink software would be best for this. Can you advise the best (quickest) option, wireless, bluetooth or cable?ThanksMark.

If you have a wifi network at home, that is the best method to use. Here is the link to the LapLink website, where you can purchase the software for $!9.95. You do not need to purchase a special usb male-male cable.

http://laplink.com/index.php/specialpages/ppc-sync-halfprice-102013?x-affiliatenetwork=google&cfg=cartemplate2_nr

Please let me know if you have any problems with or questions about this advice. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a GOOD or an EXCELLENT rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Please be sure to give me a positive rating, so that I can be compensated for my services!