Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have Windows 7 and want to get 10. Two days ago I went to

Customer Question

I have Windows 7 and want to get 10. Two days ago I went to Microsoft web site and set up a 10 download. That done I went for install. It went on for over 8 hours but never actually reached 100% - just 99%. I logged off and then immediately 59 updates for 7 began. Those went through. Question How do I know whether I've got 10? Because it's still 7 it seems. I need someone to go through my computer to see what's going on before I do something stupid - like starting over again not knowing whether 10 is somewhere on my drive. Can you help please?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You will notice as windows 10 looks completely different, for instance the Task bar at the bottom is black.

If windows looks the same then the upgrade did not work Alan.

Try to manually update please by using the Tool on my link below

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows10

This has a much higher success rate.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
nk you 771 724 399 wze 191
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

connecting

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just to say thank you for checking my system and setting the 10 install up. But for the second time it didn't go through. My guess is my Norton IS messed it up. But because my computer is about 6 years old I've decided simply to get another - with W10 pre-installed. Thanks again Alan.