Dan
Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

When I tried to backup my vista laptop using Microsoft

when I tried to backup my vista laptop using Microsoft backup it failed giving the error 0x80070005. How can I fix this?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. This may be caused by some malware locking a file needed for your backup. Go to this LINK and install MalWareBytes. Run a scan and delete everything that is found then try your backup again. If you have any antivirus software running, disable it first as the two programs may conflict. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have MalWareByes and had run a scan; there were only two minor things which I had quarantined before retrying the backup and it still failed so this is not the problem. Please advise further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Let's try this first. Go to this LINK and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Do a full scan of your system. It may take some time so be patient. Once the scan is complete remove anything it detects. After that, do a Windows update. After the update is complete, restart your computer and try your backup again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dan. I did the full scan which took 4.5 hours but it found 255 infected files which have now been cleaned and I was able to complete the backup.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Outstanding! Glad it worked for you. Have a nice day!