Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Cant go to f4 to re do my laptop

Customer Question

cant go to f4 to re do my laptop
Category: Laptop
Expert:  technicalcat replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I'm sorry you are having trouble, and will help you now. Please give me more details so I can assist.

What is the make(brand) and model of your laptop?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is a Samsung RV/711
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me apologise I was in the middle of doing something that the told me to do
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hope you can resolve my problem of getting my laptop to re do the windows when I press f4 which it dos not do now
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have to go to bed as I have had to take the medication for the cancer of the brain .I give you permission to go wherever you have to go on my laptop

I will opt your question out to other experts for review. I believe you already have replies from an expert on this issue. If you get no more replies when you are back online, I will opt back in. Thank You.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your Samsung RV/711 laptop?

It could be:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 10

Also, what exactly happens when you power it on?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I used to be able to re start my laptop by pressing f3 but now when I press f3 it takes me too other places
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What I men when I want to clean my laptop when I want to cant get the button f3 to do it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have cancer of the brain that is why I am having difficulty to tell you what is happening with my laptop I was with an engenear last night but had to stop doing what he asked as I was falling asleep
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Hello again!

In order to start the laptop, you need to press the power button. You cannot start the laptop by pressing the F3 or F4 key. Please press the power button and let me know if it starts and boots to Windows.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to delete the windows that I have now and replace it by accessing f3 so that it will re do the windows that I have delegated and also get rid of some bad files
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the explanation!

Please follow these instructions:

1. Power off the laptop if it is currently powered on by pressing and holding down the power button for 5 seconds

2. Power it on by pressing the power button once, and then immediately press and hold down the F4 button and start pressing the F7 button. So, hold the F4 and press F7 several times, until you see a new menu

3. From there, you can choose to restore Windows to factory defaults

In case the F4 and F7 button combination didn't work, please restart the laptop and then keep pressing the F11 button instead. One of those button combination should work.

You can also watch this YouTube video describing this procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9JzMdc2VRc

Let me know the results.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since I provided the instructions, and you haven't replied, so I am wondering if you the instructions worked or still require assistance with the issue?

Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it has not I am very unsatisfied with the response I have from your company as to me it is a simple question and that is that I can use f3 to re organise my laptop ,so if I wish I can re do my laptop when I wish to Elwyn
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.

OK, I will opt-out and allow another Expert to assist you.

Best regards,

IT Miro

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system? I need some clarification regarding your question. Do you just want to refresh your screen, or do you need to repair your operating system? Do you have a pc or a mac?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My laptop is operated by windows 7 .I want to be able to pressf3 so that I can delete the information I presently have on my laptop and re start windows as a new laptop. My laptop is a Samsung RV/711 . Hope you can do this for me .Elwyn

It is not that simple. There are different classes of information: the windows file system and the windows registry. Windows 7 can be restored to the factory settings, but the files are unaffected, and the system restore must be activated by using the Control Panel features designed for that purpose. It cannot be initiated by a function key such as F3 without modifying the operating system. I am sorry. I cannot help you with this.

Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 months ago.

Dear Elwyn,

I am another expert, my name is***** and I will also try to help you. Let´s directly address your question that you wanted to get answered. You asked:

"to me it is a simple question and that is that I can use f3 to re organise my laptop ,so if I wish I can re do my laptop when I wish to Elwyn"

The answer is: no, you can´t, it´s not as easy as that, the experts that have been with your before me are right about this. However, it *could* be the case that you had assigned the F3 key to a special function within Windows, possibly a software that came with your Samsung. But since you can´t do that anymore now, the software might have been de-installed.

Can you please try to remember at which stage you´ve pressed the F3 key before when it had the function of resetting your Windows? Was it within Windows or was it at the BIOS stage (the screen that comes up directly after you´ve turned on your laptop)? If it was within Windows: did the software ask you if you want to reset your Windows to default or something along those lines?

I really want to help you with this, but we need to collect all the informations first to make that work and I fully understand that you might have problems with that because of your illness. So take your time please. If that F3-key-function was something that you´ve used within Windows, I would recommend that we do a remote-assistance. I can then directly connect to your computer and get the problem solved within Windows. But let´s first let me know about my other questions above.

Thank you very much and all the best recovery wishes for you illness,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Elwyn,

I am still looking forward to your reply so that I can help you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
after I started to open the windows and press f3 it would take me to the recovery page but since about 2 years ago this has not bean working and I have tried to re start my laptop just now and pressed f3 still it is not working. Hope this provides you with what you wanted to know . Elwyn

Dear Elwyn,

thank you very much for your patience. I am still not exactly sure what´s going on with your Laptop. That F3 key, can only have been connected to a kind of backup software that you possibly have deinstalled 2 years ago then. Maybe we should twist the question from here, instead of trying to make your F3 key work again, what exactly would you like to achieve within your Windows? Do you want a software that does backups for your on a steady base and that you can recover later on whenver you wish? Because then, we could simply install a new backup software for you on your PC.

If you wish, I can install this directly on your PC with a remote-assistance. If you want that, please accept my following offer and we schedule a date for the remote-assistance and I will do all the work for you. If you are not interested, just decline the offer, but I think it might be a good way to achieve what you are looking for.

Thank you and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My laptop is a Samsung model no TV/711 . I WOULD LIKE TO CLICK ON A BUTON THAT WOULD TAKE ME TO RESTORE MY LAPTOP FROM THE START AND THAT NO I SHOULD BE ABEL TO ACCSESS WHENEVER I WANT TO RE DO MY LAPTOP . TO BE HONEST I DONT KARE HOW IT IS DON BUT I WANT IT TO BE DON WHEN EVER I WANT TO ELWYN

I am sorry Elwyn, but in this case and since you don´t want any replacement software for that "F4 function", I can only opt out from your question and open it up for other experts again. Thank you very much and all the best to you,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I AM WILLING TO DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT ME TO DO Elwyn xxxxxx

Dear Elwyn,

thank you, ***** ***** can´t restore the behaviour of that F4 function, but we can install another backup software on your PC that will do almost the same. Is that something you´d accept instead?

Lorenz

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it dos but I have cancer of my brain and I find it difficult to do things and to be honest don't understand a lot .So if you could do this for me I would be very much appreciated Elwyn

Dear Elwyn,

thank you for the feedback and I totally understand the situation. Yes, I can do this for you via a remote-assistance. I´ve just made a offer to you for this extra service and once you´ve accepted it, I will tell you how to start it (it´s rather easy).

Thank you very much,

Lorenz

.

Dear Elwyn,

did you get my offer from the 3. September and do you still want me to do it for you? In this case, just accept the offer please and we schedule a date for the remote-assistance.

Thank you very much and have a great day,

Lorenz

Dear Elwyn,

how do we want to continue please?

Best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience: 17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have waited al day for you to reply .I am willing to do whatever you tell me to do but pleas can you do it for me as I have cancer of the brain and cant always understand what too do to get f4 working again for me ,if you have tolerate everything on my laptop you can do that ,thanks Elwyn

Dear Elwyn,

I am sorry for the delay, I just came in for work since I work only in the evenings / nights. Thank you for accepting my offer. To start the remote connection, please download AnyDesk at:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

...start it (double click on the "AnyDesk.exe") and reply to me with the 9-digits number which is displayed in the AnyDesk window.

Then I can connect to your computer and you just have to click on "Accept" once you see my incoming connection (AnyDesk will notify you when this happens).

If you have problems or questions with the setup of AnyDesk, please just let me know and I would be happy to help you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck