John
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Cannot enter password on acer laptop aspire

Cannot enter password ***** acer laptop aspire
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Is this password ***** signing in to windows or is it a start-up password?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Start up. Windows 8
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Can you please send me a image of this password ***** because if its a boot up/start -up password ***** its very difficult to remove because most of them needs to be take apart to erase the password.You can attach the image of the password ***** on this page using the add files option below the reply box.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know how to do this. I switch on the laptop and it says ACER Explore beyond limits. After a few seconds it changes to a screen with my name and email address, with a password ***** below. I can move the cursor to the password ***** but cannot enter the password
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry John. It is Windows 10
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK its a windows 10 login screen not a boot up or start up password.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

So when you try to type the password ***** it wont type anything am i correct ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's correct
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a USB keyboard which you can connect to the Acer laptop ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Can you connect that to the Acer laptop and see if you can type in the password ***** login to windows 10.

Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing happens
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK then can you see ease of access icon on the bottom of the screen most likely on the left like this

if so click on on screen keyboard and see if you can open that and use that to type in the password ***** sure the cursor is in the password *****

Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can see the ease of access icon (like a clock face with the hands pointing to three o' clock) but it is greyed out like the password *****
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

That is strange.when did this problem started and have tried restarting the PC after this problem started?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I used the laptop yesterday and it was fine. I switched on this morning and cannot enter my password. I've tried switching off and on several times.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK shut down the laptop and remove the power adapter connected and then remove the battery on the bottom of the laptop

Then hold the power button for 30 seconds and then reconnect the power adapter and turn on the laptop and check again.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Have you tried the above instructions?

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know the status.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Success. Many thanks John
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Glad to know that .

Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Sincerely,
John

John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.