Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Real quick question, not sure if this is in the right

Real quick question, not sure if this is in the right section but it's related to laptops so...I'm not very tech-savvy. I am buying a laptop particularly for gaming and recording gaming. The cost is £440 (including an upgrade of RAM from 6GB to 12GB)The specs are:Windows 10 - 64 BIT
Intel Core i5 4th Gen
Memory 6GB
Vid graphics - NVIDIA 750M
15.6 inch
500gb hard drive
Wireless/Ethernet
HDMI, SD CARD, USB 3.0Any advice on if this is worth it? I just need to know if the price is decent for what I'm buying.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The hard drive, is it Sata or SSD?

And is it new or secondhand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sata
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, If it is new, the price is OK, not very special.

The specs are also a bit low for gaming. Online gaming will be ok, but anything intensive eg: Battlefield, Call of Duty will not run at full potential especially if your recording it.

I would advise always a desktop for gaming, but if you cannot, then try to get a SSD hard disk to run from, and a GEForce GTX 950m or above with an i7 Processor for the recording.

12GB Ram is good though.