CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

One of my cattle sustained serious lower leg injuries in the

Customer Question

One of my cattle sustained serious lower leg injuries in the course of being TB tested I would like to sedate the animal sucher the injury and dress the wound, is this possible on farm? (Reducing cost is important).

As a college educated farmer can I use the necessary anaesthetic prescribed by my vet on the farm myself and sucher the animal and dress the wound? I live in the UK  and so am bound by UK rules. What sedative should I use , what painkiller, are there any waterproof dressings?

Category: Large Animal
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am being advised by my vet but am still very concerned about my animal and would still like to see if your professionals could access the resources I need to get a successful outcome. I need some way of sedating a very pregnant cow to administer to a serious lower leg injury. I want to find if there are appropriate dressings to keep the wound aseptic in field conditions. Jim

Hello Jim,
Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. I also apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Hello Jim,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Refund the £14 removed from my account.