UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

dear sir, madam,i moved from santander to halifax because

Customer Question

dear sir, madam, i moved from santander to halifax because i was unhappy with no machines in working order locally .then cards would not activate abroad . then interest ceased after one year,so was urged to take out a deposit account so £1000 could go back wards from my two accounts . it worried me and i gave santander both accoun cards back at the branch. halifax told me they would transfer all my ddrs mandates, but i finished up doing most of work . halifax then honoured that payment to santander. they deniyed recieving it.so halifax then told me they had retrieved it .six and a half months later they are demanding this £1000 back. this money had no account to pay into at santander and should have been sent back to halifax.also halifax should have told me that they the £1000 was banks own money but no mention as to how it was to be repayed . i have told them both by letters of my need to seek your help and am still waiting for statements from santander after two weeks could you let me have your views on this problem. yours sincerement richard xxx

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Forgive me did Santander give you £1000 via loan or overdraft?

I don't see where the £1000 came from?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no halifax took £1000 from my new account with themselves.to pay add

tat was an internal one set up by santander. they scouped it up with all the rest of dds in the transition from santander. messy.

So Halifax took the £1000 - it was never yours at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So Halifax took £1000 when you did not authorise them?

It went to your Santander account?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

very sorry probem here .

yes it would definitely be unauthorized.

my statement shows it was paid to santander on the 1 march 2012

santander denide recieving it then . it must have gone into a holding area with no account in existance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

very sorry probem here .

What is the name of the debit? Santender?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the account no 09012777816421
subject mis- post payment

So who took the money out of your account?

Forgive the questions - I want to be clear.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the account no 09012777816421
subject mis- post paymentthis was a current account no110545-10148463both banks have now demanded the £1000 but was told by halifax that it was all sorted and paid £100 into my account for all the bother.im a retired enjeneur now 75years old and new to ordinateurs.halifax took my money from my new account10148463 which had my money imported from santander to them selves after i closed down santanderthey told me they could not do the same with the deposit account but halifax managed it in the end.
Ok.

What you need to do is formally complain to each bank.

Make a corporate complaint.

They will each investigate the matter.

If they respond and the answer is nor what you looking for.

If you are unhappy with the result then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman is free, independent and can investigate your complaint for you.

They can be found at:

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

They can make findings for you.

I would suggest doing this. The process may take a few months but it will certainly be resolved this way.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

dear madam,

as i said earlier i thought you were the financial services ombudsman.contact . you are on the same page under heading bank ombudsman. i was aware of the procedure i need of wich you confirmed

sorry to waste your time. can you confirm cancellation and refund as i have now contacted them myself.

sincere rkirby

Ok
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice