12826847

Elderly man with no family! makes his will to leave his money

Customer Question

Elderly man with no family! makes his will to leave his money to charity. Someone bullies him (his words not mine! although solicitor begs to differ!) to change his will makes themselves executor and her daughter gets the money. I was a friend for 15yrs and voluntary career (as he lived next door to my elderly father, whom i also voluntary care for after work). In December 2010 I became a joint account holder with this gentleman (with totally his permission) to oversea his day to day living (bills, food, electric etc). Unfortunately, after four horendous months he passed away in the care home on 12th Nov 12.
Can the executor or the solicitor acting on behalf of the will force me to shut down the account and hand over the money? I have stated very strongly!! I want this money to go to charity (his origonal wish). Am i in my rights to refuse to take my name off of this account??
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Has Probabte been granted?

Was this an ordinary account held in joint names and how much is involved?
Claire