UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

For UK Justice: Further to the claim we spoke about previously,

Customer Question

For UK Justice: Further to the claim we spoke about previously, could you tell me if I need to wait for the application to have the 2 claims merged to do the Witness Statement opposing the application or can I do it before the application is made in light of the fact the defendant has notified me of their intent to do so.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.Has the application been made yet, or were you just notified?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it's just a notification letter at this point stating that the defendant will not be filing the court papers as requested and will rather be making an application to have the 2 claims merged and that they are in the process of preparing the application and they envisage that they will be issuing it in the early part of next week.

So basically they've not even filed the application by the deadline to file all the papers and they are asking for extra time.

You can then prepare a witness statement now and send it to the Court.Send a covering lettering saying that you understand they will applying to consolidate and that you wish to file the statement in response.So although it has not been done yet, you can file your statement early.I hope this helps. Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups. Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thank you. I am going to start preparing the statement, but I am unsure of exactly what I should say or how to put things so if I need more help will I be able to ask another question and copy what I've put in the statement for you to read or will that be too much?

I see you are on subscription so thats fine.

Just remember to rate my answer after each reply :)

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok great thanks. I'm sorry I didn't realise I had to rate after each answer as I thought that would close the question. I will do so in future.

Thanks very much and welcome.

Any future questions if you put for my attention I will answer you.