12826847

I seemed to be on line and I filled in all my details and

Customer Question

I seemed to be on line and I filled in all my details and also paid on my card for the services of the Ombudsman, but then the computer gave problems and the web page was closed. I am Mrs Maude White asking for assistance with regard to a purchase I did through Radio Times.
Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I purchased an electric blanket through the TRadio Times catalogue Order No.OR0393663 dated 8 November 2009. The advert clearly states it is a Dreamland Blanket double, single control costing £69.99 with a manufacturers guarantee of 3 years. The blanket very unexpectedly went wrong in the beginning of October, and because it was still under guarantee I got the papers out and rang Radio Times they then gave me the telephone number of Imetec and said send it back to them. I duly did this and paid £12.60 in postage. To my amazement a week later it came back to me with a compliment slip saying "sorry not our blanket we are "Dreamland", your blanket is a Winterwarm. I immediately got back to Radio Times and told them what had happened they then said send it on to Winterwarm, and I said it had already cost me £12.60 on postage, and it would incur a further sum like that and Winterwarm will charge me for servicing as they sold me a Dreamland with a 3 year guarantee, and Winterwarm will not honour that. I also said that who was going to pay for a further postage sum. They told me that the Manager would phone me and sort it out, twice,that was over 10 days ago and today I rang again and I was told by Melanie one of the staff that they could not do anything for me as it was too old an order and I would have to take it up with Winterwarm.

I'm so sorry about the wait. This dropped off my question list.
In what way did it go wrong?