12826847

A Furniture company signed a contract to supply and fit a

Customer Question

A Furniture company signed a contract to supply and fit a wardrobe into my room. They measured my room, listed out items to install and took deposit from me. After about 5 weeks they came back to say they made a mistake that the price they quoted was too low for the wardrobe they designed for which we already signed a contract. They referred my attention to a clause behind the contract paper which they said gave them the right to revisit the contract and amend the design and price. It is now 10 weeks since we signed the agreement and they insist they have to draw out a new design, a new contract and a new price. I have refused to succumb to their demand. What is my right? How do I enforce my right and what are my chances.
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.
Does the clause say on what basis they can revisit the contract?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You said you are looking for a professional to answer my question and you asked if I am ok to wait for an answer to my question.
Yes, I will wait but not endless wait.
Victor
I can help you but I need to know on what basis in the contract does it say they can revisit it?