UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I recently attended Adam Ginsbergs (from USA) UK Ebay workshop

Customer Question

I recently attended Adam Ginsberg's (from USA) UK Ebay workshop just October gone. During the workshop he was up selling a new trading software he had created and was taking students on board to join him.

The contract has a 3 day cooling off period as opposed to a 7 day cooling period and in the actual contract it states the following:

"You may cancel this agreement at any time prior to midnight of the third business (that is not a mistake it actually says "third business" in the contract) after the date of this agreement. You, the buyer, will not receive any refunds on any payments or deposits you have paid if you:
simply change your mind; or
feel you have made a wrong decision
have personal or family issues after the initial 3 business day time frame;
you don't believe you're generating the traffic or income you expect
you don't get approved for a specific affiliate account; or
do not attend a I've workshop or online training event
request a refund, for any reason, after the initial 3 day cooling period.

Refund requests must be made in writing directly at http://agisupport.com. Verbal refund requests will not be accepted as valid requests. Your access to the service will automatically terminate if any future obligations are not paid or if you breach these Terms by requesting a credit card chargeback for any reason of any kind. To receive a refund you must complete and submit a valid Refund Request Form."

Due to funding issues and having read and heard many complaints about him, will we be able to cancel this contract? Only one payment has gone out so far and if we can help it, would prefer, if possible, to stop any more payments going out as we know we will not be able to request it.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Did you book it online?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, it was at the actual workshop that we signed up for it, on the last day it was being offered.

Has it been 3 days yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has been over 3 days. We are paying in instalments and so far have only paid on of those. Would it be possible to come out of this or cancel this without having to pay further instalments. I have inserted the terms and conditions below.

I am sorry to say that no, you can not cancel.

I have read the agreement and it was signed in October.

Bearing in mind it is now December you are too late to cancel.

However if they did try to pursue you I note the agreement is all in US$.

This means if they are a US based company they would find it hard to get Judgment in the UK.

They may be able to issue proceedings in the County Court here - that means you would be liable.

So I am sorry but you are beyond the cooling off period.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but in the contract, it only states that we wont be receive any deposits that we have paid. It doesn't say that we have to pay the outstanding deposit in full or that we cant pull out.

It says you can only terminate within 3 days.

My advice is still the same and I would urge you not to worry or be bullied.

I hope this helps.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice