12826847

i am appearing for a second drunk and disorderly offence, my

Customer Question

i am appearing for a second drunk and disorderly offence, my first was in may 2010. is there a guideline on minimum/maximum sentencing please? many thanks

What was your reading?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi

sorry, i do not have that information

Ok.

They must have told you the reading at scene? It might be on your summons sheet.

It would affect the sentence sharply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will try and get that information now. its not on the charges sheet

OK.

Alternatively can you remember roughly how much you had been drinking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i had had a lot to be honest, so probably imagine it would be at the upper end. they said i was not fit to go on the train home so was remanded overnight. i just tried the station and i would, understandably, need to attend in person to see if they can provide me the infomation but i have not chance of doing that before tomorrow. would they provide the information there and then, even? so assume the higher end. i didnt break anything or hit anyone i am pretty sure, but if you could tell me the upper quartile i suppose

Ok. Obviously 'a lot' can include a lot of different readings. I can give you a firmer indication if you can find that out for me.

Its quite unlikely that you were over 120. That is a really high reading. If you were though then I'm afraid the starting point is custody and that is for a man of good character. You have a relevant previous conviction. They would have to consider suspending a custodial sentence and justify not doing so but there's certainly a risk. That would lead to a disqualification order of between 36 months to 60 months.

Most likely the reading is between 90-119 and then the starting point is a medium level community order and the disqualification is 38 - 52 months.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will get reading on Friday afternoon hopefully you can advise further then, please
Yes, no problem. I'm in Manchester on Friday so might not pick up until the evening but will come back soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i went to the police station and they said that i didnt need the information. i said why i wanted it and was worried about the sentence and how severe would it be. the sergeant on the front desk, after i explained all that, said i shouldnt worry as it was "no serious shakes" in that they had bailed me when they would have known my previous conviction. but should ask citizens advice about a lawyer. so does that sound more promising, or should i get a duty lawyer at the court do you think? many thanks

They probably don't know off hand. Unless you spoke to the oic its quite unlikely they would have that information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, thanks for responding anyway

No problem. All the best.