UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

my daughter was recently seeing a solicitor in Coventry & everything

Customer Question

my daughter was recently seeing a solicitor in Coventry & everything was going well until a few weeks ago.Approx 2 weeks ago she received a text in the middle of the night allegedly from his family ( but on his mobile ) to say that after a very short illness he had died suddenly. My daughter was obviously distraught to hear such news. Over the next couple of days there were several text exchanges & details of the funeral (in Swindon) were given.
My daughter travelled to the Swindon crematorium yesterday & then found out that there was no funeral for the said person.
I then contacted the solicitors employers (Calor Gas ltd) H.R. Manager & found out to my horror that the said solicitor was actually at work. The H.R. manager obviously could not comment too much but I did explain to her that my daughter has suffered a lot of personal distress over the last few weeks caused by this so-called professional & felt that his behaviour was not befitting his trusted profession.
The question I am asking is, is there any legal action that can be taken against this person & can any complaints be brought against him for bringing his trusted profession into disrepute.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Have you complained to the police yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as yet no, but have phone number of local inspector ( female ) who is friend of family, contacted Law Society who suggsted Legal Ombudsman who then suggested Solicitors regulatory or taking Civil action, don't know what to do next.

You should do 2 things

A. Report it to the solicitors regulation authority

They regulate solicitors and can prosecute if necessary.

They can be found at www.sra.org.uk

B. Report this to the police

It sounds like an offence has been committed. If you send an offensive, obscene message via a communication network (Ie mobile) then this could be an offence.

The police will investigate and prosecute if necessary.

I realise this is stressful but hope my answer helps you.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help in this matter, we have all the text messages downloaded so will be able to pass these on to the relevant authorities

Welcome.

Happy Winterval.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now in the hands of Avon & Somerset Police who will then pass it to West Midlands Police, also SRA contacted with complaint.

thanks again

Great
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice