UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I have a ruling from the information commissioner which says

Customer Question

I have a ruling from the information commissioner which says a council should comply with the data protection act. The council are refusing to do so. What forms do I need to complete in order to get the council to comply?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

You need to complete form N1 and form N244 for an order to the County Court.

If you have already filed a small claim just fill out Form N244 for an order that they disclose the required information.

There will be a hearing fee of £80 to pay and a Court hearing.

But at that hearing you can ask the Court for costs.

I hope this is helpful.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes thanks. I've submitted the N244 to Truro Court along with a covering letter and a request to switch the case to Northampton or Warwick Court. Their autoreply says they have 10 working days to respond so I guess it'll be the new year before I hear anything.

Depending on what the court say, I may come back for more advice, but thanks for your help so far.

Welcome