12826847

My son who is the main carer for a six year old daughter and

Customer Question

My son who is the main carer for a six year old daughter and is classified as "vulnerable" has been sanctioned and had his jobseekers allowance stopped without any explanation or notice even though he has not failed to comply with all requirements regarding seeking employment. He cannot get any explanation for this action even though he has been to his local job centre and asked for such explanation. As a result he has not been able to pay his rent which is now due

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what steps should he take. he has been back to his job centre to find out why but they are unable to provide him with a proper explanation I believe that the rules governing this stipulate that vulnerable people should not have their benefits stopped without a full and proper investigation. Such investigation has not taken place. It would appear that the people who have made the decision to stop his benefit are not aware of the rules governing their action. he wants to know what to do before everything shuts down for Christmas, as he has no money and being a pensioner myself there is little financial help that I can give him

Is this likely to be an allegation of benefit fraud?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

absolutely not. He has visited the jobcenter 4days a eek every week and has complied with everything required of according to his jobseekers agreement him. He has written to the one and only job advertised that fits his criteria, but had no reply. He has asked the question "What have I not done that is required of me", but no one can give him an answer

No, but usually people have some idea.

Has he failed to sign on one occasion?