UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

Attachments (will send shortly): - "JustAnswer doc1.pdf" -

Customer Question

Attachments (will send shortly):
- "JustAnswer doc1.pdf"
- "JustAnswer doc2.pdf"

1. I was contracting at a company for a year and a half. The company I was contracting for accused me of copying information which they considered confidential. So, they forced me to sign an agreement ("JustAnswer doc2.pdf") which allowed them to come around to my house, and confiscate all of the electronic devices which might contain data at my house, to examine it at their leisure. In return, they agreed not to take any legal action, and return all of the electronic devices within 21 days.

2. Question: does this agreement ("JustAnswer doc1.pdf") protect me from further legal action on their part, even if they desperately want to sue for theft of Intellectual Property? Note that from my point of view, the agreement was signed under duress, but from their point of view, it wasn't.

3. After I signed this agreement, they decided they wanted to keep my electronic devices, and threatened to sue anyway, unless I signed ownership of the electronic devices over to them and signed a full confession - see the document "JustAnswer doc2.pdf".

4. Question: If I sign this document "JustAnswer doc2.pdf", and fill in a witness statement drafted by them, am I protected from further legal action, or could they simply decide to take further action against me (same as last time)?

5. Question: can I use the agreement ("JustAnswer doc1.pdf") to force them to return my electronic devices, as they agreed?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

I will await for these documents?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sure, uploading them now.

Ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm stuck - I can't seem to work out how to upload documents. Could I send them via email?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For UK JUSTICE ONLY.

Please email it [email protected]
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have just sent you the email.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX not come to me direct.

It goes to customer services who send it on.

So there may be a delay in the reply
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there any way to keep this question and answer out of the public domain?

I am sorry no.

But once it is answered then it can be locked.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When an answer is locked, is it still in the public domain? Or is it not accessible to anyone from the internet?

It is in public until I lock it. But when locked it is removed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately, I think I need this particular question to be private. Could you please lock this question to remove it?

To make up for your billable hours, I have another quick question which I will post to your attention now.

Please put any new question for my attention only.
1. Yes it does protect you.

As long as you complied with the terms they can not take any action.

2. Answer is same as above - yes

As long as you complied with the agreement and all the terms then they can not take any action against you.

3. Yes - if they refuse then you can ask a County Court to order that they return the media.

They are in breach of the contract if they refuse to do so and you can get a court order requiring the return.

I realise that this is stressful and I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Please do not worry about locking the answer, this answer is useful to know.

Welcome.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice